Subject: Re: XFree86, X.org, and pkgsrc
To: Johnny C. Lam <jlam@NetBSD.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/31/2005 06:34:53
On Tue, 31 May 2005, Johnny C. Lam wrote:

> What is the purpose of X11ROOT_PREFIX?  It seems to defeat the main

I use it to install to ${LOCALBASE}/X11R6 (instead of ${LOCALBASE}/xorg).

In some cases, I have forced using some components of XFree86 and X.org to
be installed at same time (such as I didn't want to reinstall many fonts).
But that doesn't matter much. I agree that we don't need to have both
installed at same time.

If it installs and works in LOCALBASE that will probably work for me.

Thanks for working on this (and fixing the X11 builtin dependencies).

 Jeremy C. Reed

	  	 	 http://www.pugetsoundtechnology.com/