Subject: Re: OpenOffice 2-beta
To: Geert Hendrickx <geert.hendrickx@ua.ac.be>
From: Michael Rauch <mrauch@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/28/2005 18:44:31
Hi,

On Sat, May 21, 2005 at 11:35:07PM +0200, Geert Hendrickx wrote:
> Is anyone working on getting OpenOffice 2-beta into pkgsrc(-wip) ?

yes. It does build on my NetBSD 3.0-BETA box, but currently requires a
native JDK (i.e. wip/jdk14), which has very strict license terms.
There are options to disable java completely, but then openoffice
crashes, or to use an alternative java (gcj/kaffe). The last option is
probably the way to go and also what Debian & Co. will use.
The binary package is a bit easier.
I've made a first attempt and put it at
http://www.fs.tum.de/~mrauch/OpenOffice/openoffice2-bin.tar.gz
(for (NetBSD and Linux)/i386).
Feedback or bug reports are welcome.

> Would be nice to have.  Certainly when 2.0 will finally be released.

Definitely.

Michael