Subject: Re: CVS commit: pkgsrc
To: Martti Kuparinen <martti.kuparinen@iki.fi>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/26/2005 08:04:46
On Thu, 26 May 2005, Martti Kuparinen wrote:

> Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
>
> >>Added CONFIGURE_ARGS+=--with-html-dir=${PREFIX}/share/doc/html to
> >>install the documentation into right place.
> >
> > You may want to bump PKGREVISION also since these are changed packages.
>
> I don't think this is necessary in this case as the files were just
> moved and the "old" versions work just fine. So I don't want to force
> the users to upgrade in this case (because of these cosmetic fixes).
>
> What do you think?

Imagine a user saying "I have version x.y.x. and noticed that the docs
are in the wrong place. I think I have the correct version. What can I
do? ... By the way, I use binary packages that are built with
USE_BULK_TIMESTAMPS=no."

 Jeremy C. Reed

 	  	 	 BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links
	  	 	 http://www.bsdnewsletter.com/