Subject: Re: pkgsrc logo -> draft from scratch (vector gfx)
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
From: Timo Schoeler <timo.schoeler@macfinity.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/20/2005 13:30:46
thus Hubert Feyrer spake:
> On Fri, 20 May 2005, Roland Illig wrote:
>
>>>     http://www.feyrer.de/NetBSD/images/pkgsrc-logo.png
>>>
>>> draft quality, mostly as proof of concept.
>>

>> I like it.
>>
>> Are the spurious orange pixels that stick out of the box intended?
>

> No. They're the "draft" part, as I just took the image that inspired me
> and scaled it up, instead of drawing the cube from scratch.
>
> If anyone feels like drawing this better & from scratch -> fine. :)
>

>  - Hubert

hi,

i 'reconstructed' the logo from scratch, you can see my first draft here:

http://macfinity.net/~tis/images/NetBSD/pkgsrc-logo.png

and as PS here:

http://macfinity.net/~tis/images/NetBSD/pkgsrc-logo.eps

please let me know which things to change/enhance. i wasn't sure which
font hubert used so i chose one which should be near...

cheers,

--
Timo Schoeler | http://macfinity.net/~tis | timo.schoeler@macfinity.net
//macfinity -- finest IT services | http://macfinity.net

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary
and those who don't.