Subject: Re: New tools framework
To: Johnny C. Lam <jlam@NetBSD.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/13/2005 16:01:23
I am getting
  sh: line 1: /bin/grep: No such file or directory
repeated numerous times.

This is in a work directory already populated.

I am not sure where that is coming from yet.

$ type grep
grep is hashed (/usr/bin/grep)

This is a Linux system. Some Linux systems put grep at /bin and others at
/usr/bin. The mk/platform/Linux.mk checks for this.

(I try to follow the Unix Filesystem Hierarchy Standard (FHS) as defined
at http://www.pathname.com/fhs/ when I don't have a preference.)

Now in a clean directory, I get:

montecristo:/usr/pkgsrc/net/gethost$ bmake
===> Checking for vulnerabilities in gethost-0.03
=> Checksum SHA1 OK for gethost-0.03.tar.gz.
=> Checksum RMD160 OK for gethost-0.03.tar.gz.
work.montecristo -> /tmp/pkgsrc/net/gethost/work.montecristo
===> Extracting for gethost-0.03
Variable TOOLS_PREFIX.grep is recursive.

bmake: stopped in /usr/pkgsrc/net/gethost
*** Error code 2

Stop.

Variable TOOLS_PREFIX.grep is recursive.

I'll need to look closer, but maybe you have a quick fix.

 Jeremy C. Reed

	  	 	 http://www.pugetsoundtechnology.com/