Subject: mozilla/firefox source diffs instead of full tarballs?
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Geert Hendrickx <geert.hendrickx@ua.ac.be>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/12/2005 12:08:45
I have a tip/request for the mozilla and firefox packages (and maybe
other big packages with frequent but minor releases).

Every Firefox security update makes me download another 31 MB tarball,
which is probably mostly identical to the previous one.  Could the
pkgsrc devs create a diff between e.g. 1.0.3 and 1.0.4, checksum it, and
just add these incremental diffs to the package distfile?  Like e.g. the
Vim package works (but this is done by the Vim developers themselves).
This will save pkgsrc users some time and bandwidth.

GH

--
:wq