Subject: Re: Using ap-php with Apache 2.0.53 + PHP-5.0.3nb1?
To: Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@NetBSD.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/09/2005 11:43:40
On Mon, 9 May 2005, Jaromir Dolecek wrote:

> On Mon, May 09, 2005 at 08:10:50PM +0200, Juan RP wrote:
> > We had an ap2-php package in the past, I don't know why this was
> > removed, but we need binary packages for apache2 too.
>
> ap-php builds with Apache2 if it's installed, i.e. there is no need
> to have a separate package only for this.

The original poster was installing using binary packages. (We can assume
that package users may not know pkgsrc build system or have no interest or
time in using pkgsrc to build from source.)

Also, if I recall correctly, someone else recently used it and ended up
with Apache 1 be default. I know there is a option to set, but Apache 2 is
the more official now.

> What about adding meta-package apache2-modules or similar, which
> would depend on Apache2 and all the dual-Apache modules? This should
> make bulk builds to yield appropriate binary packages.

I may be overlooking something, but the PKGNAME is ap-php-${PHP_BASE_VERS}
(for example, ap-php-4.3.11) which doesn't indicate the "apache version".

 Jeremy C. Reed

	  	 	 http://www.pugetsoundtechnology.com/