Subject: Re: Using ap-php with Apache 2.0.53 + PHP-5.0.3nb1?
To: Dan Labute <Dan.Labute@Netcontech.Com>
From: Juan RP <juan@xtrarom.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/09/2005 18:14:28
On Mon, 09 May 2005 11:42:59 -0400
Dan Labute <Dan.Labute@Netcontech.Com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
>     I used pkg_add to install both Apache 2.0.53, and PHP-5.0.03nb1
> on an i386 NetBSD 2.0.2 installation. I understand that I now need to
> add ap-php in order for my apache installation to recognize PHP, but
> I can't seem to find a version of ap-php compatible with
> PHP-5.0.3nb1. The only version I see is ap-php-4.3.10.
>
> What do I need to do to get ap-php installed for Apache2.x, and PHP5?

You need to build it from pkgsrc, because there isn't a binary package
for apache2+php.

If you have apache2 installed, it will build cleanly. If you don't have
any apache package installed it will default to apache (1.3.x).

To specify your default apache package use this:

PKG_APACHE_DEFAULT=apache2

Good luck.