Subject: Re: why does pstree install as bin/proctree ?
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Geert Hendrickx <geert.hendrickx@ua.ac.be>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/28/2005 16:17:49
Thanks for the quick reply. :-)

> I would have say that's for avoiding a conflict with sysutils/psmisc,
> but in fact, this conflics exists, and could probably be removed.

The psmisc package only conflicts with pstree<=2.16 (current pstree
version is 2.19), and pstree itself doesn't conflict with anything.

> I don't know how synced are the pstree in sysutils/pstree and pstree
> in sysutils/psmisc.

They are not the same.  In fact, sysutils/psmisc requires procfs to be
mounted, whereas sysutils/pstree does not.  That's why I prefer the
latter.  I'll just rename it to pstree manually. :-)

GH

--
:wq