Subject: conglomerate and cannot parse (null)html/docbook.xsl
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/19/2005 19:24:44
I installed editors/conglomerate. And was unable to export to PDF or HTML.
(It seems I had same problem before, but never figured it out.)

Example session below is create new document, then choose to export as
HTML:

$ XML_DEBUG_CATALOG=1 conglomerate
** Message: Trying to load DTD with PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML
V4.1.2//EN" SYSTEM
"http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.1.2/docbookx.dtd"
Resolve: pubID -//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.1.2//EN sysID
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.1.2/docbookx.dtd
0 Parsing catalog /usr/pkg/etc/xml/catalog
/usr/pkg/etc/xml/catalog added to file hash
/usr/pkg/share/xml/catalog not found in file hash
0 Parsing catalog /usr/pkg/share/xml/catalog
/usr/pkg/share/xml/catalog added to file hash
/usr/pkg/share/xml/docbook/catalog not found in file hash
0 Parsing catalog /usr/pkg/share/xml/docbook/catalog
/usr/pkg/share/xml/docbook/catalog added to file hash
Found public match -//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.1.2//EN
** Message: Succeeded
** Message: Found display spec based on matching public ID of DTD:
    -//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.1.2//EN

** Message: Exporter invoked: "Export DocBook as HTML" to
"file:///home/reed/tmp/abc.html"
** Message: html_exporter_action_callback
Resolve URI http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/
/usr/pkg/share/xsl/docbook/catalog not found in file hash
0 Parsing catalog /usr/pkg/share/xsl/docbook/catalog
/usr/pkg/share/xsl/docbook/catalog added to file hash
** Message: Norman Walsh XSL path: (null)
Resolve: sysID (null)html/docbook.xsl
Resolve URI (null)html/docbook.xsl
I/O warning : failed to load external entity "(null)html/docbook.xsl"
error
xsltParseStylesheetFile : cannot parse (null)html/docbook.xsl

I do have docbook-xsl-1.68.1nb1 installed which provides

/usr/pkg/share/xsl/docbook/fo/docbook.xsl
/usr/pkg/share/xsl/docbook/html/docbook.xsl

I had same problem when trying to export as PDF:

** Message: Exporter invoked: "Export DocBook as PDF" to
"file:///home/reed/book
test.pdf"
** Message: pdf_exporter_action_callback
Resolve URI http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/
/usr/pkg/share/xsl/docbook/catalog not found in file hash
0 Parsing catalog /usr/pkg/share/xsl/docbook/catalog
/usr/pkg/share/xsl/docbook/catalog added to file hash
** Message: Norman Walsh XSL path: (null)
Resolve: sysID (null)fo/docbook.xsl
Resolve URI (null)fo/docbook.xsl
I/O warning : failed to load external entity "(null)fo/docbook.xsl"
error
xsltParseStylesheetFile : cannot parse (null)fo/docbook.xsl

The Pop-up window says: "... it is possible that your XML catalog file
is set up incorrectly. See http://www.xmlsoft.org/catalog.html for
more information on catalogs."

I am beginning to read the above referenced webpage.

Should the pkgsrc be adding entries to this catalog on installation?

And why is it (null)? I assume this is an empty setting.

I carbon-copied jmmv, the docbook-xsl package maintainer, too.

 Jeremy C. Reed

p.s. Maybe we need different mailing lists for pkgsrc-users versus
tech-pkg for pkgsrc infrastructure discussion.