Subject: gtk2+-2.6.4nb1: glib2 wrong libgobject version
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: None <tlaronde@polynum.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/06/2005 22:35:41
Hello,

When building gtk2+ (pkgsrc-2005Q1), linking is tried with
libgobject-2.0.so.400 when indeed the installed version from glib2
is libgobject-2.0.so.600. The links in the .buildlink directory are
correct, so where does this so.400 reference come from?

There is one thing that puzzles me. It's that the version installed from
glib2-2.6.3 has name libgobject-2.0.so.0.600.3 (note the '0' after so,
hence "600" ends as a revision and not as a minor I think), while
the _previous_ version had libgobject-2.0.so.400. I think that a numeric
test will conclude that the previous is "superior" to the new one.

If this is the problem, there are another one related: buildlinking has
no problem with the numbering so.0.ddd.d while another tool thinks
differently. This seems to mean that not the very same logic is used by
different pieces of the building framework, which might be confusing at
least for error report.

But since I'm no pkgsrc framework expert, take this not as a criticism
but simply as an attempt to provide the information I think relevant for
the failure!

TIA for any clue.
--
Thierry Laronde (Alceste) <tlaronde +AT+ polynum +dot+ com>
http://www.kergis.org/  |  http://www.kergis.com/