Subject: Re: teTeX 3.0 packages imported
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: Antoine Reilles <Antoine.Reilles@loria.fr>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/06/2005 12:21:11
--7AUc2qLy4jB3hD7Z

Hi,

I have a few questions about the teTeX3 import.
The first and main one is:

Why keep the old share/texmf (from teTeX2), when teTeX3 features a splitted=
 texmf.
The idea to split texmf in :
share/texmf for teTeX-bin files
share/texmf-dist for teTeX-texmf
and
shate/texmf-local for additional packages seems more flexible than the prev=
ious
one, particularly for texmf-local, which could be used for installing
additional packages without messing out with the main tetex distribution.

This could even allow to package newer versions of packages which are inclu=
ded
in tetex2 texmf tree (i'm thinking of latex-beamer).
We could also have a variable like LOCALTEXMF to help packages providing fi=
les
for texmf to install in the right place, instead of hardcoding it.

antoine

On Fri, Apr 01, 2005 at 12:27:52AM +0200, Hubert Feyrer wrote:
>=20
> FYI,
> I have imported packages for teTeX 3.0 into pkgsrc/print (teTeX3-bin,=20
> teTeX3-texmf, teTeX3-texmfsrc). I welcome everyone to test the pkgs and=
=20
> let me know if there's something missing (send-pr).
>=20
> Eventually (within the next few days/weeks) I'd like to switch=20
> pkgsrc/print/teTeX over to pull in the teTeX3 pkgs, and then get rid of=
=20
> pkgsrc/print/teTeX1* and pkgsrc/print/teTeX-*.
>=20
> The long-term idea for TeX is to have pkgsrc/print/teTeX${VERSION}-* pkgs=
=20
> for some versions, and keep pkgsrc/print/teTeX to slurp in the=20
> authoritative version (i.e. 3.0 for now :).
>=20
>=20
>  - Hubert
>=20
> --=20
> NetBSD - Free AND Open!      (And of course secure, portable, yadda yadda)

--7AUc2qLy4jB3hD7Z

--7AUc2qLy4jB3hD7Z--