Subject: Re: libiconv breaks on Debian 3.1
To: Georg Schwarz <georg.schwarz@freenet.de>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/04/2005 12:23:40
On Sat, 2 Apr 2005, Georg Schwarz wrote:

> Since the problem persists, I manually removed the lines in
>  ../../converters/libiconv/Makefile that prevent this package from
> compiling on Linux. So far things seems to work then.
> I am wondering how people do bulk builds on Linux systems...

I am not sure.

We need to figure out what is making pkgsrc think that converters/libiconv
is a dependency under Linux. And fix it.

To me it doesn't make sense to bring in package libiconv or pkgsrc
gettext-lib under Linux when these are already provided on a Linux box (in
glibc).

As for bulk builds, within past couple days a bulk build report for Linux
was sent to the pkgsrc bulk build mailing list. Maybe we can look at it.

I'll try to look at this within a few days.

 Jeremy C. Reed

	  	 	 http://www.pugetsoundtechnology.com/