Subject: Re: Keyboard trouble with KDE 3.4 (NetBSD 2.0.1/i386)
To: Torsten Harenberg <harenberg@physik.uni-wuppertal.de>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/30/2005 11:49:19
On Wed, 30 Mar 2005, Torsten Harenberg wrote:
> After some more time (another minute or so) the keyboard is mainly dead. KDE
> itself resonds to mouse clicks, but the keyboard is dead (although lighting
> the NUM-lock LED still works).
>
> Killing X and kdm via ssh brings me back to the console, where the system is
> normal.

After killing the X server for the first time, does the symptom re-appear?
My ATI-based X server displays a similar behaviour after the first start,
and it works fine on restart. I have code in my .xinitrc that restarts the
X server for this (let me know if you want the code, it's at home).

> Has anybody upgraded to KDE 3.4 so far? Or anybody a clue? I'm a bit
> perplexed...

I'm using kde3.4 on a 3.0_BETA system, and it works fine.

  - Hubert

--
NetBSD - Free AND Open!      (And of course secure, portable, yadda yadda)