Subject: Re: Qs re pkgsrc/mk/install/usergroup
To: Georg Schwarz <georg.schwarz@freenet.de>
From: Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84@gmail.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/28/2005 22:27:01
On Mon, 2005-03-28 at 12:18 +0200, Georg Schwarz wrote:
> I have a few questions regarding pkgsrc/mk/install/usergroup:
>
> - on the one hand it features

> group_exists()
> {
>         case $group in
>
> on the other hand group_exists() is called like this:
>
> group_exists $group
>
> (similar for user_exists $user). Is the $group argument with which
> group_exists is called really necessary, or doesn't it have any effect
> since it not evaluated by the function anyway, but rather the fixed
> variable $group is read?

Without having looked at the code, I guess the function should be using
$1 instead of $group.

> - would it be a good idea to enclose variables in case expressions by
> double quotes?

Why?  If the arguments won't ever have spaces in them, as is the case
for users and groups (I hope), there is no need to.

Cheers,

--
Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84@gmail.com>
http://www.livejournal.com/users/jmmv/