Subject: Re: new pkg: libao-nas
To: Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84@gmail.com>
From: Geert Hendrickx <geert.hendrickx@ua.ac.be>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/26/2005 15:36:28
On Sat, Mar 26, 2005 at 11:52:43AM +0100, Julio M. Merino Vidal wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-03-24 at 19:23 +0100, Geert Hendrickx wrote:
> > I have created a package libao-nas, a NAS plugin to the existing libao
> > package (cfr. libao-esound and libao-arts).
> >
> > The pkgsrc directory for this package can be found on
> > http://www.epidauros.be/libao-nas/libao-nas.tar.gz
> >
> > This package also requires two patches to audio/libao, a trivial one on
> > Makefile.common (common to libao and its plugin packages), and one on
> > patches/patch-ae, based on a patch from the corresponding FreeBSD port.
> > See the two .patch files in http://www.epidauros.be/libao-nas/
> >
> > Could anyone test and commit this please?
>
> I see that the .tar.gz does not contain the patches, and I cannot access
> the directory contents to see which the correct names are.

I'm sorry, the filenames are
 * Makefile.common.patch
 * patch-ae.patch
 * libao-nas.tar.gz
under http://www.epidauros.be/libao-nas/

> Anyway, as you said in another message... unless one of those two
> patches deals with the threading problem, the package can't be added
> because it simply won't work.  (You'd still place it in pkgsrc-wip until
> someone fixes the bug.)

This is a bug in the libao-nas code, but I can't fix this as I'm not a
coder.  However the package works (for me) with PTHREAD_DIAGASSERT=A.
It also works on FreeBSD (without the threading issues).

GH

--
:wq