Subject: Re: xterm is compiled without --enable-256-color; why?
To: Leonard Schmidt <lems@gmx.net>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/24/2005 11:40:40
On Thu, 24 Mar 2005, Leonard Schmidt wrote:
> I just submitted a patch to update www/elinks and noticed that it is
> compiled with --enable-256-colors. However, I can not take advantage of
> this feature since xterm is not compiled with support for 256 colours.
> I just added it as CONFIGURE_ARGS and now enjoy (OK, some sites are
> pretty hard on the eyes) 256 colours in ELinks.
>
> Is there a specific reason for this? I ask because xterm from the base
> system also does not support 256 colours.

I'm not sure what you're asking for here - if it's about NetBSD's xterm
not being compiled with 256 colors, asking that on tech-x11@ may be the
right place, possibly with a patch to enable those 256 colors in xterm.
(I have no idea on the whole issue, just applying common sense here :)

  - Hubert

--
NetBSD - Free AND Open!      (And of course secure, portable, yadda yadda)