Subject: Re: Latest bittorrent package seems to be broken on port cobalt.
To: Alex Pelts <alexp@broadcom.com>
From: Marc Recht <recht@netbsd.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/24/2005 02:07:20
> I updated pkgsrc to the latest one with sup and rebuild packages that
> I use. That upgraded my python and bittorrent. Now bttrack.py does not
> work anymore. I sent email to maintainer but no reply so far. The
> problem seems to be introduced by one of the patches, namely

I got your mail, but hadn't had the time to answer yet nor to actually
look at the problem.

> patch-ad. It certainly worked with previous version of bittorrent.
>
> I am not sure if anyone wants to fix this now, when 4.0 is out. Still
> it is not good to have broken packages.
> I am willing to work with whoever wants to fix this, although my
> python  knowledge is limited.

I'm going to update BitTorrent to 4.0 this weekend. In the meantime you
could try bttrack.py with Python 2.4 (if that is an option) and/or send
a PR[1], so that your report won't get lost.

Cheers,
Marc

[1] see http://netbsd.org/Misc/send-pr.html for details