Subject: Re: Switching gaim to nss (was Re: pkg/28690)
To: Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84@gmail.com>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@duh.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/16/2005 12:42:56
On Wed, 16 Mar 2005, Julio M. Merino Vidal wrote:

> At first, I was a bit skeptic about this because I thought nss was a big
> dependency (mixing thoughts with mozilla...).  But after trying it
> myself, it seems to be quite small, and gaim is working nicely here
> after applying the patch (in fact, no visible difference from gnutls).

I'm all for it.  For the $orkplace (on non-pkgsrc aware boxes running Loonix
<evil grin>), I've been using gaim with NSS/NSPR for some time now due to
various issues with gnutls.  It's rock solid for me, and a little convenient
in that case (as gaim can simply use the .so's from Firefox 8-).

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@duh.org> <tv@pobox.com>