Subject: Re: New AIX transforms
To: Peter Schmiedeskamp <pschmied@yahoo.com>
From: Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/14/2005 19:11:05
On 14-Mar-2005 Peter Schmiedeskamp wrote:
> Finally, my CONFIG_SHELL=bash line is there to
> fix/speed up various builds.  In particular, building
> gcc using ksh as the config shell takes several times
> longer than using bash.  The GNU people mention this
> on this page:

I'm going to try that.  Perhaps it will fix the stupid broken c++ configure
infinate loop.  I had to patch bash to get it to compile on AIX4.3.3 though.

Just FYI, I currently use the following for bulk builds on AIX5.1:

BULK_PREREQ=devel/patch archivers/gzip-base devel/libtool-base devel/gettext-lib
 converters/libiconv textproc/grep

I will probably end up adding bash in there, and setting the config_shell like
you did.

---
Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
Genecys: Open Source 3D MMORPG: http://www.genecys.org/