Subject: Audacity Recovery Utility
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Richard Rauch <rkr@olib.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/14/2005 08:12:51
Just a FYI, in case anyone else is thinking about adding the
Audacity Recover tool that I mentioned previously:

It is not nearly as useful as I had hoped.  In fact, for my
purposes, it would be far more work to manually get the
"recovered" files into place than to just re-do the 25 minutes
of editing that I lost when Audacity crashed.

I can conceive of cases where the recovery utility's output would
be valuable (basically unreproducible recordings).  But it seems
to be only of interest for what I would consider to be specialized
needs.