Subject: Audacity Recovery Utility
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Richard Rauch <rkr@olib.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/14/2005 07:28:04
I've had lots of problems with Audacity crashing.  I don't know if anyone
else uses it or has problems, from pkgsrc, but there's a (non-pkgsrc)
utility called the "Audacity Recover Utility":

  http://www.mesw.de/audacity/recovery/

...which claims to help recover a blown-up Audacity session.  I am going to
see if I can use it to recover some work I did this morning.  (Still
waiting for the wxPython package (or whatever the pkgsrc permutation of
the name is) to build.  Because of the dependence upon Python and wxPython,
it probably shouldn't be bundled by pkgsrc with Audacity---but it might
be a good idea to add it to pkgsrc.