Subject: mail/thunderbird-gtk2 segfaults on Solaris 10
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: None <sigsegv@rambler.ru>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/10/2005 03:25:43
If I start thunderbird and then go to Edit->Account Settings->Server
Settings and select 'Use secure authentication' next time I try to
retrieve my mail, thunderbird pops up the following message box:

"Could not initialize the browser's security component. The most likely
cause is problems with files in your browser's profile directory. Please
check that this directory has no read/write restrictions and your hard
disk is not full or close to full ..."

A few seconds later it crashes with segfault. Without any encryption
options it works fine. I tried removing ~/.mozilla and ~/.thunderbird
directories and recreating them again with thunderbird and doing
recursive 'chmod -R +rwx' on all the files in those directories, but I
keeps crashing.

Any ideas why it behaves in such a strange way? Thanks.