Subject: Re: mail/thunderbird-gtk2 fails to build on Solaris 10
To: None <Eric.Boutilier@Sun.COM>
From: None <sigsegv@rambler.ru>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/09/2005 21:20:41
Eric Boutilier wrote:
> On Wed, 9 Mar 2005 sigsegv@rambler.ru wrote:
>
>> grant beattie wrote:

>>> I have committed a fix for this. please try updating and building
>>> thunderbird again.
>>>
>>> grant.
>>>

>> Thanks for that, the fix seems to work, it just finished building
>> thunderbird-gtk2 without any errors.
>

> YOW -- that was a fast fix -- esecially for a monstor app like
> Thunderbird.  (Or maybe I just need to get over my skepticism!)
> In any case, this is great. Thanks, you guys!

Well I found out it compiled OK, but there is a problem, it doesn't
work, when I start thunderbird it complains about not being able to
initialize browser's security features or something and then it dies
with segmentation fault

I added a few config options to the Makefile to see if that helps and
currently my painfully slow Ultra10 is rebuilding thunderbird from
scratch. If it doesn't work, I'll post the exact errors I get.