Subject: Re: pkg_select's sysinst integration
To: Geert Hendrickx <geert.hendrickx@ua.ac.be>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/06/2005 09:21:02
> I think pkg_select is an excellent tool, but I don't think this should be
> integrated into sysinst.  I don't see any reason why package installation
> should be done before the first reboot.  An installer should simply copy the
> bits and make the system bootable, anything else can/should be done after
> the first reboot.  This will keep the installer small and simple, like it is
> now.

Um. What I would like to do is ask if the user wants to do package
installation, and if so run pkg_selct in a chroot, just like the root
password setting. There's no bloat in there at all, just a question for
convenience of the user - if he wants to run it manually later, no sweat.

  - Hubert

--
NetBSD - Free AND Open!      (And of course secure, portable, yadda yadda)