Subject: Solaris and rc.d scripts
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: Hauke Fath <hf@spg.tu-darmstadt.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/02/2005 19:53:19
Hi,

this is kind of a weird issue...

On an Ultra 1 running Solaris 9, I have bootstrapped pkgsrc and built a
few packages. Since wip/isc-dhcpd wanted an /etc/rc.subr around, I
installed pkgtools/rc.subr and copied the samba and dhcpd scripts to
/etc/pkg.

Now, during a boot, _something_ looks into /etc/rc.d and sources the
scripts into either /sbin/sh or /usr/bin/sh:

[...]
syslog service starting.
/etc/rc.d/isc_dhcpd: syntax error at line 66: `_osname=$' unexpected
/etc/rc.d/nmbd: syntax error at line 66: `_osname=$' unexpected
/etc/rc.d/smbd: syntax error at line 66: `_osname=$' unexpected
volume management starting.
The system is ready.

[hf@sunchen] ~ > uname -a
SunOS sunchen 5.9 Generic_112233-12 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-1

-- and I can for the life of me not find out what that something is?!

Recursively grep(1)ing /etc for any combination of rc.d returns nothing
substantial. There is definitely nothing in '/etc/rc?.d'.

Any ideas?

	hauke

--
/~\  The ASCII Ribbon Campaign                    Hauke Fath
\ /    No HTML/RTF in email	        Institut für Nachrichtentechnik