Subject: Re: Strange 1.6.2 problem
To: Alistair Crooks <agc@pkgsrc.org>
From: John Klos <john@ziaspace.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/27/2005 09:48:13
>> First, it seems strange that pkg_install doesn't also build and install
>> digest. Considering how digest is required for anything, it seems like a
>> bug that trying to install a package after pkg_install simply says
>> "/usr/pkg/bin/digest not found" or whatever.
>
> I have no idea what is causing this, but it seems like your pkgsrc
> tree is in an inconsistent state - see below.

This has been the behavior for ages. Nothing's changed recently - try it.

> You have updated your pkgsrc/misc/screen directory, and its distinfo
> file now includes RMD160 digests.  However, you also need to update
> your version of bsd.pkg.mk to recognise these digests - the command
> line you pasted above with the awk in it does not check for the digest
> algorithm, which is how I know that you have updated your pkgsrc tree
> piecemeal.  You need to have version 1.1595 of bsd.pkg.mk.

#       $NetBSD: bsd.pkg.mk,v 1.1595 2005/02/25 13:05:52 agc Exp $

There was no preexisting pkgsrc, as one of the disks on this machine
failed, so I am reinstalling / from scratch, including pkgsrc. On the
other hand, just to be sure, with a brand new pkgsrc tree from this
morning, plus with pkg_install and digest rebuilt, the same problem
happens.

John