Subject: problem building devel/avltree: pkgsrc groff issue?
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Georg Schwarz <georg.schwarz@freenet.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/27/2005 17:25:33
I've come across a problem building devel/avltree (on both Debian Linux
3 [has native groff] and IRIX 5.3 [does not have native groff]):

mv -f libavltree.so.tmp libavltree.so
bmake: don't know how to make /usr/share/groff/tmac/tmac.andoc. Stop

bmake: stopped in /usr/src/pkg/pkgsrc/devel/avltree/work/avltree-1.1
*** Error code 2

I think this is related to ${LOCALBASE}/share/mk/bsd.man.mk, which has:

CATDEPS?=       ${TMACDIR}/tmac.andoc \
                ${TMACDIR}/tmac.doc

TMACDIR seems not to be defined elsewhere, so it falls to the default
given in that file.

Where should these parameters be set to suitable values for the system?
It does not seem to make a difference  to .include
"../../textproc/groff/buildlink3.mk".

--
Georg Schwarz    http://home.pages.de/~schwarz/
 georg.schwarz@freenet.de     +49 178 8545053