Subject: Re: pkgsrc cross-build (again)
To: Ian Zagorskih <ianzag@megasignal.com>
From: Krister Walfridsson <cato@df.lth.se>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/26/2005 20:50:12
On Fri, 25 Feb 2005, Ian Zagorskih wrote:

> Hubert Feyrer: On a userland level, work is underway to do something like
> Usermode Linux on steroids: not only are system calls, etc. trapped, but also
> CPU instructions, which allows running non-native binaries. An example
> implementation of NetBSD/arm32 binaries running pkgsrc bulk builds on a
> NetBSD/i386 system was demonstrated at the pkgsrcCon in May 2004 in Vienna,
> and it was very impressive to see the system compile packages in
> near-realtime.
> ---cut---
>
> ..it's possibly. Where can i get information about cross-building arm32
> packages on x86?

You can find some information in my paper from EuroBSDCon 2004:
   http://2004.eurobsdcon.org/uploads/media/EBSD04_38.pdf

I had planned to release it a long time ago, but I have had too
much to do at work, and not really had any energy to work on
this...  I am however making progress, and expect to commit this
to pkgsrc during March.

    /Krister