Subject: Re: since firefox install libs not found in gnumeric
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
From: Paul (NCC/CS). <pts@bom.gov.au>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/23/2005 10:16:32
Hubert Feyrer wrote:

> On Wed, 23 Feb 2005, Paul (NCC/CS). wrote:
> > lrwxr-xr-x   1 root  wheel       17 Feb 23 09:52 libxml2.so.8 -> libxml2.so.2.6.17
> > Shared object "libgtk-x11-2.0.so.400" not found
> > Something is very wrong.
> > Any ideas?
>
> Well, I have no idea where you got that gnumeric from, but aparently it
> was compiled against other libs than you have. Maybe grab all the pkgs
> from one place, else you're in dependency hell. Yes, that's unfortunate,
> nothing that can be changed though. Try installing a SuSE9 package on a
> SuSE7 system, same problem.

nonono:) I haven't installed any binary packages.
They were all compiled from source native to my
very box and after a fresh update of the pkg source
tree:).

I used from the guide:

To update pkgsrc just do:
% cd /usr/pkgsrc
% cvs update -Pd

I hope that updated to a 'nice' pkgsrc tree and not
a 'bleeding edge' one?

Perhaps I should download a pkg_src tarball and
rebuild?

chs,
Pauly.

> Of course you want to do that symlink dance with all libs...
>
>   - Hubert
>
> --
> NetBSD - Free AND Open!      (And of course secure, portable, yadda yadda)

Paul
Australian Bureau Of Meteorology