Subject: Re: please (test and) review wip/pkg_select
To: iMil <imil@home.imil.net>
From: Rui-Xiang Guo <rxg@myrealbox.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/21/2005 20:04:29
> Hi lists,
>
> i finally got pkg_select doing what i had in mind in the beginning, so you
> can now browse / do administratives tasks to pkgsrc, dependencies,
> installed packages and a package search result list.
> I think the code is now flexible enough to be integrated to 3rd party
> software like sushi or sysinst, just tell me if you'd prefer me to do it
> or respectives mainteners instead.
> I've only worked on a NetBSD version until now, but i beleive very few
> #ifdef's will do the trick for FreeBSD / OpenBSD.
>
> Hope you'll like it and thanks for your feedback

Hi,
I got the error -
===> Building for pkg_select-20050221
#   compile  pkg_select-20050221/parsedirs.o
cc -O2 -g -DPKGSRCBASE=\"/usr/pkgsrc\" -DPKGDB=\"/var/db/pkg\"  -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wpointer-arith -Wno-sign-compare -Wno-traditional -Wno-uninitialized -Wreturn-type -Wswitch -Wshadow -Wcast-qual -Wwrite-strings  -Werror       -c    parsedirs.c
parsedirs.c: In function `pkgfind':
parsedirs.c:234: warning: subscript has type `char'
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/pkgsrc/wip/pkg_select/work/pkg_select-20050221
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/pkgsrc/wip/pkg_select

What's wrong?
It sounds good but what's the different from 'sushi'? :)

-rxg