Subject: GCC 3 dousn't build on Solaris
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Michael Vergallen <mvergall@pandora.be>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/21/2005 04:39:35
Hi,

While building a native compiler on Solaris 2.8 with the pkgsrc tree I run
into a error while building gcc3-java. I will send you anything you require
when you tell me what is required . It built the c, c++, F77 compilers
without a hitch so I'm wondering if it is the makefile that is at fault or
something else that makes it impossible to build gcc3 on solaris. I have
installed the gcc 2.95 from the solaris software-companion on the machine to
be able to build gcc. It worker ok for the c,c++ and F77 part of the
compiler but didn't build the java compiler & I don't know what it is the
problem because I am new to using the pkgsrc tree on solaris.

Michael