Subject: Re: How to build a kernel with arc4_setkey and friends in it?
To: Jachym Holecek <freza@liberouter.org>
From: Andrew Reilly <andrew-netbsd@areilly.bpc-users.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/20/2005 11:10:47
Hi Jachym,

On Sat, Feb 19, 2005 at 02:38:31PM +0100, Jachym Holecek wrote:
> What you need is to include a driver that depends on the wlan attribute
> (because it seems to be the only arc4 consumer, currently):
>
> ./conf/files:device     an: arp, wlan, ifnet
> ./conf/files:device     awi: arp, wlan, ifnet
> ./conf/files:device     wi: arp, wlan, ifnet
> ./conf/files:device     ath: arp, wlan, ifnet
> ./conf/files:device     atw: arp, wlan, ifnet, smc93cx6
> ./conf/files:device rtw: arp, wlan, ifnet, smc93cx6
> ./dev/pci/files.pci:device      ipw: ifnet, wlan
> ./dev/pci/files.pci:device      iwi: ifnet, wlan

I included device ipw, as most of the others were pcmcia
devices, and I didn't want to also have to include the pcmcia
framework (whatever that is).

> Alternatively, you could hack sys/conf/files to make some driver you already
> need fake-depend on arc4. This should perhaps be documented in the MPPE
> package?

True, but such a change would be blown away by my next cvs
update, whereas a tweak to my own kernel config file is safe.

Thanks for the help.  mppe.o loaded without fuss or bother this
time.

Cheers,

--
Andrew