Subject: Re: Are net/quagga and net/zebra still maintained ?
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: Jeff Rizzo <riz@tastylime.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/19/2005 12:16:32
Richard Braun wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I've installed both net/zebra and net/quagga, and I was surprised to find
>there is no rc.d script. Comments in the Makefile say it's a development
>release. I have two questions :
> o is there a maintainer for these packages ?
> o are these packages (with the versions in pkgsrc) suitable for production
>   use ?
>
>I have opened a PR at http://www.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=29443.
>
>Thanks.

It looks like they haven't been substantively updated in a while.  I'm
willing to work on the packages to bring them more up-to-date, and I'll
attach the changes to the PR.  Quagga is probably the better bet as it's
more actively maintained, but you are correct that Zebra should at least
have some rc.d scripts.

I can probably have things updated in a week or two, depending on my
other workload.

+j