Subject: Error caused by recent change to Makefile.in in libnbcompat
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: Eric Boutilier <boutilier@speakeasy.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/19/2005 02:23:53
Regarding the following change to the file
pkgtools/libnbcompat/files/Makefile.in:

   bits: bits.c
           $(COMPILE) $(DEFS) -c $<
           $(LINK) bits.o

I guess Solaris isn't happy with that syntax. When I try to bootstrap
now, it fails with this error:

   checking whether optind is declared... yes
   checking whether optreset is declared... no
   updating cache config.cache
   configure: creating ./config.status
   config.status: creating Makefile
   config.status: creating nbcompat/config.h
   gcc  -I. -I.  -g -O2 -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -c
   gcc: no input files
   *** Error code 1
   make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `bits'
   ===> exited with status 1
   aborted.

I'm quite sure I have everthing else on the system configured the same
as the last time I successfully bootstrapped.

Here's my path:
PATH=/usr/pkg/bin:/usr/pkg/sbin:/usr/sfw/bin:/usr/ccs/bin

The gcc I'm using to bootstrap is /usr/sfw/bin/gcc. (It's
the one that's now bundled with Solaris)

Eric