Subject: Re: pkg_select updates
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: None <blsecres@ssdtgsm.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/18/2005 08:43:25
--FL5UXtIhxfXey3p5

On Thu, Feb 17, 2005 at 01:02:25PM +0100, iMil wrote:
> i've made some important addons / changes to pkg_select, among them :

Are there any plans to port this to non-NetBSD systems?  I've successfully
compiled the app on an old Solaris 7 system using libnbcompat and some
source pulled from NetBSD's libc.  There are problems though:
- I've read that non-bootscrap packages shouldn't depend on libnbcompat=20
- There are a lot of ugly #ifdef __sun__ directives that point toward the
  need for autoconf
- I still haven't managed to browse the package tree installed or no

It's looking great on my NetBSD systems.  Thanks for the work.
--=20
Ben Secrest <blsecres@ssdtgsm.com>

--FL5UXtIhxfXey3p5

--FL5UXtIhxfXey3p5--