Subject: Re: pkg_select updates
To: iMil <imil@home.imil.net>
From: Mark Kirby <mark@coris.org.uk>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/17/2005 12:52:52
On Thursday 17 February 2005 12:44, iMil wrote:
> > Just tried it out. All i can say is wow. It's very easy to use and very
> > easy to navigate through the pkgsrc tree. Excellent job.
>
> thanks :)
>
> > 1) what does a star next to a package name mean?
> >    Does it mean that package is installed.
>
> yes, maybe i should annotate something
>
> > 2) How seperate is the gui from the rest of the program?
> >    I would be happy to write a QT/KDE version either as a standalone
> > program or integrated into KDE's package manager (KPackage)
>
> the big work on this soft concerns the curses interface, but yes, pkgsrc
> handling is separate as much as possible, see tools.[ch], pkg_adm.[ch],
> files.[ch], parsedirs.c and pkg_select.h

Hi,

I was just thinking it would be good if you could update your pkgsrc from
pkg_select, e.g. if you are using 2004Q4 and want to upgrade to 2005Q1
perhaps or to the head branch you can.

I dunno if that is out of the scope of pkg_select or not.

If i attempt a qt/kde version i'll let you know how i get on but i have to get
a job 1st.

Mark