Subject: Re: PKGSRC_PATCH_FAIL on unknown patch file (was Re: pkgsrc NetBSD
To: Alistair Crooks <agc@pkgsrc.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/16/2005 14:08:18
> > This will stop problem with impartial commits.
>
> You're proposing that we fix a problem with "impartial commits" -
> personally I don't mind who makes them :-) - but I'm not sure what
> they are.  Can you elaborate a bit for me, please?

Developer adds some patches for security fix. And only commits part of his
changes (accidently) at one time. Pkgsrc user builds new package that
ignores patches which doesn't properly fix for security issue.

I caused this problem a few months ago with Apache. It was mentioned at
that time that PKGSRC_PATCH_FAIL on unknown patch file was a good idea by
another developer. I just never got around to committing it and wanted to
verify again.

 Jeremy C. Reed

	  	 	 http://www.pugetsoundtechnology.com/