Subject: Re: QT_THREAD_SUPPORT in x11/py-qt3-base?
To: MLH <mlh@goathill.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/15/2005 14:59:48
On Tue, 15 Feb 2005, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:

> > Is there any reason why QT_THREAD_SUPPORT isn't normally turned on
> > for thread-capable versions of Python in x11/py-qt3-base? It builds
> > and QThreads appear to run correctly in i386 at least. Seems to me
> > that pyqt isn't terribly useful without QThreads for various
> > real-world applications.
>
> As far as I can tell qt3 installs on pkgsrc require threads support. So I
> guess all platforms using Python and QT3 must have threads. So enabling
> this by default should be fine. I will also test on Solaris and let you
> know.

Looking closer, when building py-qt3-base with pkgsrc, it appears that it
is already detected and defined. (This was under Solaris where I tested.)

I see QT_THREAD_SUPPORT defined for some of its builds.

Any suggestions on how I can further test or verify this?

(This is from PyQt-x11-gpl-3.1.)

 Jeremy C. Reed

 	  	 	 BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links
	  	 	 http://www.bsdnewsletter.com/