Subject: Re: QT_THREAD_SUPPORT in x11/py-qt3-base?
To: MLH <mlh@goathill.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/15/2005 12:02:36
On Thu, 27 Jan 2005, MLH wrote:

> Is there any reason why QT_THREAD_SUPPORT isn't normally turned on
> for thread-capable versions of Python in x11/py-qt3-base? It builds
> and QThreads appear to run correctly in i386 at least. Seems to me
> that pyqt isn't terribly useful without QThreads for various
> real-world applications.

As far as I can tell qt3 installs on pkgsrc require threads support. So I
guess all platforms using Python and QT3 must have threads. So enabling
this by default should be fine. I will also test on Solaris and let you
know.

Nobody else commented on this and there is no maintainer for py-qt3-base,
so I'll add it soon.

 Jeremy C. Reed

 	  	 	 BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links
	  	 	 http://www.bsdnewsletter.com/