Subject: pkgtools/libnbcompat/inplace.mk uses wrong CC
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/15/2005 11:37:45
pkgtools/libnbcompat/inplace.mk has:

libnbcompat-build:
        ${_PKG_SILENT}${_PKG_DEBUG}${_ULIMIT_CMD}                       \
        cd ${LIBNBCOMPAT_SRCDIR} && ${SETENV}                           \
                AWK="${AWK}" CC="${CC}" CFLAGS="${CFLAGS:M*}"           \
                CPPFLAGS="${CPPFLAGS:M*}"                               \
                ${CONFIGURE_ENV:NLIBS=*} ${CONFIG_SHELL}                \
                ${CONFIGURE_SCRIPT} && ${MAKE_PROGRAM}

But the CC is "gcc". show-var target correctly shows my correct path to my
C compiler (as set in mmk.conf) and works for other builds.

Does anyone know where CC is set to just gcc? And why does
pkgtools/libnbcompat/inplace.mk wrong CC?

I tried adding to beginning of pkgtools/libnbcompat/inplace.mk the
following:

.include "../../mk/bsd.prefs.mk"

Also, I see from debugging that _CC is correctly set, but I don't know
what that is for.

 Jeremy C. Reed

 	  	 	 BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links
	  	 	 http://www.bsdnewsletter.com/