Subject: Re: CVS commit: pkgsrc/textproc/libxml2
To: Marc Recht <recht@netbsd.org>
From: Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84@gmail.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/13/2005 20:57:22
On Sun, 2005-02-13 at 20:31 +0100, Marc Recht wrote:

> > But ATM, there are a bunch of packages
> > in pkgsrc that use it...
>
> I'm not sure how if anybody uses such a compiler.. ;-)

Hmm sorry?  I meant "there are a bunch of packages in pkgsrc that
actually put -D flags into CPPFLAGS".  If the reason behind the
change in libxml2 is compatibility, then all other packages should
be "fixed" too.

I can think of a maybe-complex tweak to the buildlink wrappers
that could make -D usage transparent.  But before even we may even
consider it, does pkgsrc work with such compilers ATM?  Which are
these?  And at last, don't they have a -D equivalent?

Thanks,

--
Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84@gmail.com>
http://www.livejournal.com/users/jmmv/