Subject: pkglint update: Typechecking for Makefile variables
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Roland Illig <roland.illig@gmx.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/12/2005 12:00:54
Hi all,

I have added simple typechecking of Makefile variables to pkglint 4.02.
So in the next days you may get some additional warnings that various
USE_* variables should be set to YES or yes instead of just being #defined.

I have tried to check all uses of the variables to determine the right
type (undefined/YES vs. undefined/yes vs. [Yy][Ee][Ss]/[Nn][Oo] vs.
...), but I may have missed some. Don't blindly trust pkglint, please
check that the result stays the same after modifying your package Makefiles.

If you don't want to see the warnings, you can run pkglint with the
-Wno-types option.

Roland