Subject: Re: pkg_delete "Executing" output
To: Alistair Crooks <agc@pkgsrc.org>
From: grant beattie <grant@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/11/2005 20:45:44
--7ZAtKRhVyVSsbBD2

On Thu, Feb 10, 2005 at 04:08:00PM +0000, Alistair Crooks wrote:

> I can see raised feelings, but I'm not sure if all the objections are
> down to personal ones like Curt's, or if it's such a bad change after
> all.  This change was made more than a month ago:
>=20
> 	revision 1.47
> 	date: 2005/01/06 11:59:35;  author: agc;  state: Exp;  lines: +3 -4
> 	Always echo the command about to be executed to standard output, not
> 	just when the verbose flag is specified - we are, after all, normally
> 	executing these commands as root.
>=20
> 	Bump version to 20050106
>=20
> but the objections are only starting to surface now.  Is that because
> no-one has installed any packages in the last month? Why the depth of
> feeling *now*?

speaking for myself, in the pkgsrc tree I use for my workstation
(ie. not the tree I use for pkgsrc work itself), I only update the
directories necessary to get the functionality I need.

occasionally, I update the whole tree, and last time I did that was
about 3-4 days ago, which is when the new pkgtools was required, and I
started seeing this. :-)

grant.

--7ZAtKRhVyVSsbBD2

--7ZAtKRhVyVSsbBD2--