Subject: Re: pkg-vulnverabilities location
To: Geert Hendrickx <ghen@telenet.be>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/10/2005 12:03:53
On Thu, 10 Feb 2005, Geert Hendrickx wrote:

> I'm sorry, I didn't mention exactly what didn't work.  The environment
> variables work as advertised, but not when defined in /usr/pkg/etc/
> audit-packages.conf.  I read both scripts, they don't even look at this
> config file.

Strange. It is the man page but not in your script. Maybe you need to
reinstall audit-packages from clean source.

I see:

if [ -r /usr/pkg/etc/audit-packages.conf ]; then
        echo "Reading settings from /usr/pkg/etc/audit-packages.conf"
        . /usr/pkg/etc/audit-packages.conf
fi

(The source version uses PKG_SYSCONFDIR instead of hard-coded etc/.)

Is your audit-packages.conf readable?

 Jeremy C. Reed

 	  	 	 open source, Unix, *BSD, Linux training
	  	 	 http://www.pugetsoundtechnology.com/