Subject: package db on MacOS 10.3
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Jeff Rizzo <riz@tastylime.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/10/2005 08:48:10
I wanted to play with some newer packages on my powerbook, so I set up a
second pkgsrc tree with sources about 6 months more recent than my
previous one (current as of yesterday), and did a fresh bootstrap and
everything, then started building packages with 'make package'.  Much to
my surprise, after a successful build, pkg_info wasn't showing the newly
compiled packages as installed!  I was able to succesfully pkg_add them,
though.

A little more investigation showed that when doing the 'make package',
the registration info is put in /var/db, while pkg_info and pkg_add put
things in the --pkgdbdir I configured at bootstrap.

Am I forgetting to do something here?  This seems like a problematic
situation... things should be consistent.  Suggestions?

+j