Subject: Re: pkg_info & search of current directory prevention
To: grant beattie <grant@NetBSD.org>
From: Alistair Crooks <agc@pkgsrc.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/10/2005 12:10:47
On Thu, Feb 10, 2005 at 08:05:48PM +1100, grant beattie wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 10, 2005 at 07:34:56PM +1100, grant beattie wrote:
>
> > while I agree with the intent of the change, the implementation still
> > has some problems:
>
> I've put my money where my mouth is and come up with the following
> diff which cleans this up. :)
>
> it gives the correct and expected behaviour for me on NetBSD-current,
> whether my cwd contains binary packages or not.
>
> if a path to a binary package file is specified, the action is taken
> on the binary package. if the argument does not point to a binary
> package, information from the installed package database is used. if
> that is not present, the usual "can't find package `xxx'" is reported.

I can't remember why I implemented it with the -. switch, your way is
cleaner.

FWIW, you forgot to modify the manual pages, and the accompanying
documentation, such as the pkgsrc guide.  There are also some other
changes which would be necessary, like pkg_chk:

	http://mail-index.netbsd.org/pkgsrc-changes/2005/02/09/0018.html

> I post it here for some wider testing, and intend to commit it unless
> there are any problems discovered that I did not account for.

You have to hand it to the blue rinse brigade...

Regards,
Alistair