Subject: teTeX 3.0 pkgs available
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/10/2005 00:49:21
FYI,

I've played with an update of teTeX to Version 3.0, and I've made the pkgs
available at http://www.feyrer.de/Misc/teTeX3.tgz. It's intended to be unpacked
in pkgsrc/print, and will give teTeX3-bin, teTeX3-texmf and teTeX3-texmfsrc
directories.

I'll look into a few of the TeX pkgs I use (prosper, wip/cjk-latex-japanese)
next, and see how far I get with conversion to teTeX3. If anyone wants to
help me out, feel free to mail me diffs for pkgsrc/tex-* and everyting
else that smells like TeX.

The final idea for the transition is to rename the pkgsrc/print/teTeX-*
pkgs to print/teTeX2-* eventually (or just dump them at all!), and import
the teTeX3-* pkgs as new print/teTeX-*.

(I'm not committing this right away because the pkgsrc-2005Q1 branch is
around the corner, and I don't want a half-baked TeX installation in
there!)

  - Hubert

--
NetBSD - Free AND Open!      (And of course secure, portable, yadda yadda)