Subject: Re: xorg-server+any linux distribution
To: Juan RP <juan@xtraeme.nopcode.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/09/2005 14:00:13
On Wed, 9 Feb 2005, Juan RP wrote:

> > And supporting more could be easier if it wasn't for all that logic
> > involved.  Plus you'd forget most future problems related to missing
> > or renamed files (I'm quite sure they will appear).
>
> Ok... but can you specify how to make this? or show me any example.

Basically this would mean removing all the operating specific imake
configuration files, like xc/config/cf/linux.cf. And just let pkgsrc
generate the configs.

Or patch them to remove lines like

 #if LinuxDistribution == LinuxDebian

I think xorg will be removing this junk soon. I'll ask about it.

> > Isn't XFree86 also affected by this?
>
> I'm not sure, last time I tried XFree86 from pkgsrc on Linux, it worked
> perfectly.

I don't know either since I stopped using it myself.

 Jeremy C. Reed

 	  	 	 BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links
	  	 	 http://www.bsdnewsletter.com/