Subject: Etiquette query
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Eric d'Alibut <eric.halibut@gmail.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/05/2005 16:39:49
I need advice on how to proceed, properly, as an end-user of NetBSD,
with a question about a bug-report. The scenario is:

1. I file a bug report.
2. A developer volunteers to pick it up, and does so.
3. Several weeks pass by, during which someone, presumably the package
maintainer, works on the package and introduces changes, bumping it up
to a new "nb" number.
4. My bug remains unaddressed.

In such a situation, how ought I bring it to someone's attention that,
despite the new build number, the package is still significantly
broken?

Best regards &c.,

--
No no no, my fish's name is Eric, Eric the fish. He's an halibut. I am
not a looney! Why should I be tarred with the epithet looney merely